Saturday 22 August 2009

Under the Bellowing Tower...

I've been marooned without a computer in a small Rhode Island fishing village, listening to the bellowing hoot of dueling lighthouses. Though I was without a machine, I did have the good fortune to watch the Weather Channel last evening and learn a hurricane was headed directly towards our idyllic location. An evening beach walk confirmed this fact, as the beach had all but disappeared under the rising tide. This morning Missmc sat on the cliff under the lighthouse and watched the surfers in all their hurricane glory. What a way to end a week at the beach - gazing at wetsuits dodging sea rocks whilst careening about on twenty foot waves...I could have spent the rest of my life there, on the hill, under the bellowing tower...

Alas. I am back in Connecticut. I do hope to grab hold of this computer this evening and tell you more.

No comments: