Wednesday 19 November 2008

6.66


It is that time of the evening in London where the obsessive MissMarketCrash is watching the U.S. markets close, wine glass in hand of course.  And out of the corner of my eye, I read that Citigroup shares are involved in their largest one day drop. Curious, well, not just curious but with ummm...concern -  I see that the share price is 6.66.  Oh dear. 

And with my other eye as I have taken to multiple screens which give the illusion of knowing and being in control of it all I read of the largest U.S. consumer price drop and predictions from another U.S. government acronym about the length of the "slump" being well over a year...

And to watch the close of the U.S. markets tonight is going to require more wine I think.  I'd ordered 120 bottles of cheap (but luscious) bergerac a week or so ago from a friend of a friend to see us through these difficult times and insure we'd still have drink when the markets crashed completely...well - they've done that, but really truly most sincerely crashed is what I mean...

It must be time to chase down that order and make sure it is in the cellar promptly...but from the looks of things this evening, it might be too late...

No comments: