Friday 21 November 2008

The Best Bank


Through the post with a resounding thud this morning comes a Special Admissions Ticket to an event held at the rather glamourous sounding Palmetto Ballroom.  But, alas, it is not a glamorous ticket but rather a ticket to attend a meeting for the proposed merger of Bank of America and Merrill Lynch.  Still looking for a glamourous angle I look up the location online.  If I were to spend my last pennies on attending I would be able to do a bit of shopping at the important sounding International Trade Center where the Palmetto Ballroom is located.  I could go to "Belle Ville" and buy some "Chic European womenswear".  I know I should not say it, but, I do wonder what North Carolina's idea of "Chic European" is.  Or - oh - I could go to the Bank of America Store and buy hats, keychains, mugs branded with the BoA logo.  Feeling giddy with it all, I press the link for the BoA store.  Amazing.  They have an online merchandising shop - www.bankofamericastore.com.  It is an interesting array of toys for what presumably would be the children of American bankers.  Tumbling Towers wooden blocks game, a travel-sized naval battle game, a disfunctional looking yo-yo, and best of all, a piggy bank...

I've spent weeks researching banks and here is the best one found before my very eyes.  It has a cork in its nose to keep the money from falling out...

2 comments:

tim h said...

The pig photo is disturbing. It flips between the having the cork as the pigs nose, and being a noseless pig with a cork in its mouth.

And unrelated, the "word verification" letters I have to type in to authenticate this post spell out "ungeocar". I feel that this might have something to do with something.

missmarketcrash said...

Yes. That is what i was going to discuss today - Hu Jintao, Peru and ungeocar...

how ungeocanny.

xo, MissMarketCrash