Saturday 15 November 2008

Because he sounds like Jack Nicholson...


Because my Financial Advisor sounds like Jack Nicholson is not the reason I am with him.  Sure - he has several things in common with Jack besides that voice which I love to hear on the other end of the phone - he lives in L.A., he is married to a sexy actress and like Jack, he took a good long while to settle down.  A number of weeks ago I had a chat with Jack.  Jack was playing one of his more neurotic menacing characters and our conversation was not unlike the chicken sandwich scene from the movie Five Easy Pieces.  Except - role reversal - I was Jack, and Jack was the stroppy waitress who loathed me.  In the end, I got what I wanted and did not even have to tell him to stick the chicken between his knees.

That would be terribly rude.  My youngest child had show-and-tell last friday and chose to bring in his book on table manners.  Terribly funny from a boy who has a hard time sitting at the table.  I asked him why he wanted to bring in his little book and he said in a perfectly deadpan-kind-of-way "because I like table manners".  Almost the way Jack would have said it.

But - I digress.  I do have the toast.  The toast is going to be changed into sterling and I thought it worth a bit more of a wait.  But - the toast is burning!  And I do not mean California which is also on fire as we speak.  Actually, it is not the toast, but, rather the toaster which is looking alarmingly wrong...it has looked wrong for a good long time but is really rather really wrong according to rumors....

No comments: