Thursday 26 March 2009

Oh my...

The G20 protests have been organized to begin this Saturday in London, with other events scheduled on the 1, 2nd and 3rd. I was browsing through the latest issue of Timeout this morning and there is surely going to be a large culture clash on the 1st. The London Burlesque festival is hosting a Glitterati Gala that evening in the centre of London. Will these campy exotics reach their show on time when mass mayhem is planned for the city that day by an event known as "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"? Moorgate station, Liverpool St. Station, London Bridge and Cannon St. Station are the meeting points for the "horses" and from what I can gather, the protest will try from these locations to reach the Bank of England where a "party" is to be held.

I've led a dull life and never actually seen any Burlesque. But gosh, I've just done some research in the name of good journalism and I can proudly report it is almost worth trying to get the protest cancelled so we can all go see the show. Here is one of the acts promised - 

Ummm....Missmc is a prude and cannot bear to post the video directly -- you'll have to click here for the youtube link.  It is good fun and I do really promise it is fairly tasteful.

No comments: