Thursday 19 March 2009

Something that has everything...

We are in a pause, a lull, a wonderment moment. After yesterday's surprise quantitative easing, the markets are going...o...ahhh...huh? More than a few people have been caught out on the short side by the move. So, now what? It is all wait and see.  Meanwhile, unemployment reports from both the U.K. where I am, and America, where I was, are dim. The American data was announced with a positive flair, but, the data is actually as grim as usual. UK unemployment now tops 2million. There is a handy interactive graph here at the BBC which illustrates the rapidity of this.

Children and markets like surprises.  The lack of press leaks kept the latest plan from being torn to bits before the announcement. Consensus from economists seems to suggest the latest measure is "something that has everything".  Which does not say much, but, the " Just do it" approach seems to give it an agreeable nature.

And what is Missmarketcrash doing?  Glad you asked.  I am planning a birthday party for the soon-to-be eight year old.  We are off to see Monsters vs Aliens in 3D which can't be as scary as my usual day.  We'll finish the party at a favorite Japanese restaurant.  The only bit I cannot figure out is the party bags.  With everything on the economics side still tottering around and about, I feel whatever small thing I put in, it must have genuine long-lasting appeal to justify itself.  I do mean appeal, rather than usefulness.  

On the other hand, it would be nice to have both.  But my expectations are dimmed by everything these days.  Of course, I am still an a-type obsessive - so, back to the grueling search for something that has everything...


No comments: